Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit an HSEW Advisor to work on our Thames Water Capital Delivery Infrastructure Framework in South London.
As the HSEW Advisor you will be part of our South London Team and will be responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of all clean and waste water projects across the area.
As the HSEW Advisor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Advise project teams throughout the project lifecycle but specifically during planning and delivery stages.
- Carry out regular site visits and audits
- Support the site teams in identifying solutions and options to overcome issues.
- Delivery TBTs and safety briefings
- Provide training and advice
- Encourage the reporting of near misses through proactive engagement with operatives and supervisors
- Review risk assessments and method statements
- Verify that temporary works are implemented safely
- Conduct investigations of incidents and accidents identifying root cause analysis and recommendations to prevent re-occurrence
- Report incidents in line with Thames Water and parent company minimum requirements and submit reports within agreed timescales
- Ensure actions from investigations are acted upon and close-out the report in a timely manner
- Deliver regular and appropriate tool box talks
- Support Wellbeing Campaigns and deliver tool box talks and briefings on subject matter
- Assist in the identification of safety training needs for site based personnel and bring these to the attention of the Regional Health and Safety Manager
- Co-operate with the Health and Safety Executive in connection with their site visits
- Suggest, communicate and promote initiatives for accident prevention
- Monitor compliance with electronic management systems (such as SWMS)
- Promoting innovation and different ways of working
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Appropriate Construction Skills Card
- Working knowledge of current UK Health and Safety legislation and best practice
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- Ability to evaluate safety practices, procedures, programmes, attitudes, and awareness and to recommend methods of improvement
- Experience of delivering training modules
- Knowledge of a variety of occupational health risk environments, such as confined spaces
- Knowledge of safety devices to use in conjunction with tools and equipment in the workplace
- Ability to evaluate safe practices, procedures, programmes, attitudes and awareness and to recommend methods of improvement
- Ability to maintain favourable public relations
- Experience in delivering and implementing behaviour based safety initiatives
- Knowledge of the properties, handling and storage of corrosives, contaminates and flammables
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.