Field Based (covering Surrey)
If you are an experienced, qualified plumbing professional, this is a great opportunity to take on an inhouse role within a supportive engineering team. Sound good? Read on to find out more.
We are looking for engaged individuals who are passionate about delivering great customer service to join us on our journey. Therefore, we’re seeking a Plumbing & Heating Engineer with:
- A positive, can-do attitude
- A flexible approach to working, providing support as and when required
- Excellent technical knowledge of both plumbing and heating engineering
- Significant experience within the Gas industry, ideally 5 years’ vocational experience
- Gas Safe registration
Experience of mentoring and supporting apprentices would be advantageous to your application but is not essential.
The day to day job
To carry out all aspects of domestic Plumbing maintenance and repair work to meet the needs of the Company and its customers.
- Carry out plumbing repair work across a range of contracts, including but not limited to insurance policy holders, housing associations and tenanted properties
- Carry out minor installation work, such as showers, sanitaryware and taps
- Carry out plumbing inspections, unvented hot water cylinder safety checks You will mentor, train and support the development of apprentices and your colleagues within the engineering department, providing you with the opportunity to share your skills, knowledge and experience.
The highest work standards and compliance with health & safety regulations are at the centre of the service we provide, and you will be expected to be an advocate of these core principles.
Other organisations may call this role Gas Engineer, Plumber, Gas & Heating Engineer, Gas Safe Engineer, Gas & Plumbing Engineer, or Heating Engineer.
The salary and basic benefits
Working hours: 45-hour basic working week. Hours of 07:30 - 17:30, Mon to Friday, and 1 in 5 call out
- £36,000 - £38,000 per annum basic
- Up to 5% bonus potential, if targets are achieved this is paid quarterly as 5% of basic earnings in those 3 months
- Plus, standby payments and enhanced rate overtime c.£2kpa (not guaranteed earnings)
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Company van is provided (for work use only)
- 25 days’ holiday per year
The other benefits
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- Life assurance
- One day paid volunteering a year
We are SES Home Services, a trusted local provider of plumbing, heating and drainage services.
Whether our customers want to be prepared for every eventuality with emergency cover or fix a leaking tap with our fixed price repairs, we’re the local experts who are on hand to help, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.