M Group Services Plant and Fleet Solutions is currently looking to recruit a Hire Desk Supervisor based in Castleford.
As a Hire Desk Supervisor, you will be Supervising the Hire Department consisting of 10 experienced Hire Controllers. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient hiring of plant, vehicles and accommodation to the wider business, this will be internally owned and externally procured equipment.
M Group Services Plant and Fleet Solutions support our frontline operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit for purpose vehicles, plant, and accommodation, whilst reviewing new market developments and products that help meet our Safety, Sustainability and Operational Efficiency Objectives.
As the Hire Desk Supervisor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Receive and handle calls and email requests in relation to the hire of equipment and all associated matters
- Report running and analysis, actioning the data produced and using Hire Management Software to control all aspects of asset hire management
- Manage invoice query levels to ensure timely resolution and where necessary escalation
- Product familiarisation and supplier demonstration days
- Oversee invoice and credit runs, including suspensions
- Meeting suppliers regarding price schedules and SLA Compliance
- Liaising with the workshop regarding stock levels and projected equipment requirements
- Liaising with the Hire Controllers to ensure owned equipment is optimised
- Develop positive relationships with Contract personnel
- Highlight equipment and areas of opportunity and communicate any identified opportunities
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Relevant plant hire desk/office experience, ideally at supervisory level
- Working knowledge of Hire Management Software; Insphire and Key 2 ideally
- Excellent administrational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Clear and analytical decision maker, able to prioritise and respond to deadlines
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
About The Company
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions are responsible for the supply and management of specialist equipment and vehicles across the whole of M Group Services, supplying the Utilities, Transport, Data and Telecom sectors.
It is our job to ensure all group businesses have the safe, compliant and fit for purpose tools needed to deliver successful results for their clients and the clients’ customers, keeping sites safe, roads in good condition and transport links active.
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.