About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Driver Trainer to join the growing fleet and transport team across the Thames Water geographical area.
Your role will be to maintain consistently high standards and reliability across the team of drivers. These include both waste and water tankers, HIAB vehicles from 7.5t up to 26t with beavertail and various vans and trailers. The driver Trainer role sits within Logistics Management Centre (LMC) supporting the business in providing a cost-effective delivery of inventory and logistics solutions through the driving and operating of LGV and HGV vehicles.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced trainer within fleet or transport to embark on the next level of your career. As Driver Trainer, you will support the Maintenance manager where you will both work in unison to successfully manage the training requirements.
This role will require you to carry out various training activities from driving assessments to vehicle audits.
Driving assessments, Clean water training, Waste/Intersite tankering Training, Manual Handling, Refresher training, Training plans, Writing training modules, Health & Safety training, Hiab training, Moffet forklift training, Vehicle Audits etc.As a Driver Trainer, you will be expected to:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Provide adequate training for drivers to ensure they are in line and abreast with current legislation.
- At the end of each day ensure fleet vehicles are compliant and ready for use and any defects are recorded and actioned.
- Ensure the safe and secure loading and unloading of vehicles, through appropriate training and checks.
- Ensure compliance with transport legislation, including drivers’ hour's regulations and Working Time Directive in line with the ‘O’ licence legislation and company procedures.
- Embed a safe and fuel-efficient approach to driving, in order to minimise the risk to yourself, your team and other road users, and to optimise vehicle running costs.
- You will be accountable for the safe and secure parking of vehicles in your charge.
- Undertake periodic driver assessments and relevant refresher training.
- In addition to these duties, you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business, for example assisting with the deployment of mobile assets, vehicle movements.
- Tanker driving waste/clean.
What’s in it for you:
- You will have a full valid UK Class 1/HGV licence, with no more than 6 penalty points and no DR or IN convictions.
- You will have experience driving LGVs/HGVs and have a full driver CPC and a valid Driver Tachograph card.
- Previous experience of training is essential as is extensive knowledge of driving and operating tankers and HIAB.
- Experience in the safe use of combi HGVs.
- You will have demonstrable knowledge of Transport law and Road Traffic Act, working knowledge of Drivers Hours ‘rules and Working Time regulations, excellent driving skills and road safety knowledge and be intermediate IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
The Logistics Management Centre (LMC) is a centralised operation providing a single point of contact for Thames Water’s operational business 24/7/365.
The LMC has the capability to source plant and equipment from strategic suppliers, hire companies, our Alliance partners and our own assets, enabling the most cost-effective and timely solution to meet our customer demands, thereby providing an end to end, single view of logistics demand and capacity.
Logistic Operations operates Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work to both the Waste and Clean areas. Operating on a 24/7/365 basis in order to provide an excellent service to support the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.