About The Role
IWJS have over 40 years’ experience of delivering sewer services, waste management and industrial cleaning to essential infrastructure services across the UK – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
IWJS is currently looking to recruit a HGV Driver to work in our Iver depot. IWJS have been working for the waste water utility sector since the very beginning in 1977, so our experience of cleaning assets on sewage treatment works is probably second to none. We have dedicated special Operations Teams who are chosen specifically to deliver high risk projects like large digester tank cleans where the working environment can be deep, very uninviting and potentially dangerous.
As a HGV Driver your duties and responsibilities will be:
- To achieve works outputs in line with the Depot Manager’s daily instruction
- You will be responsible for driving and operating the tanker
- To run sludge loads from sewage treatment works to disposal locations and to carry emergency tinkering works
- To assist on the jetting side of the business when required
- Make effective use of safety equipment, particularly personal protective equipment
- To comply with all legislative requirements, company policy and procedures at all times
- To return all paperwork and associated documentation applicable to works at the end of the working day – or at the earliest opportunity when working away
- Comply with Safety Inspectors or Investigators requests
- Undertake work as per instructions of the Depot Manager and as per training, documented safety systems and quality, environmental, safety and health standards
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Good working knowledge of highways and drainage systems
- Prior experience of working in a similar environment desirable but not essential
- Operations of High Pressure Water Jetting and Drain Cleaning
- Awareness of NRSWA Chapter 8
- Flexibility to work out of core working hours
- HGV Class 2 Current full driving license
- Confined Space Entry (Medium risk)
- NRSWA Chapter 8 SLG
- Manual Handling Awareness
- CSCS Card
- Applicants must live within a 40 mile commute of the work location
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction
What’s in it for you?
- 20 days' holiday plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Training provided
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.