HGV Driver - Class C or CE
- Job Reference: 00021614-1
- Date Posted: 3 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
Main purpose and scope of job - Temp contract until 30th September 2022
The HGV Driver is responsible for; the health and safety of themselves, fellow staff and visitors to site. The minimisation of any impact to the environment whilst working within the Recycling Centre (RC)/FCC and off-taker sites' To promote a good professional image both on and off the highway. To be part of the driving team that will deliver customer expectations in terms of service and product quality. To operate safely and efficiently both on site and drive to the hiQhest standards on the highway.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
• To drive all vehicles involved with the RC contracts primarily hookloader units and servicing the Suffolk RC Contract in a safe and efficient professional manner.
• To ensure that all factors which may affect the operation are communicated to the Transport Office immediately and where possible to colleagues to avoid problems.
• To comply with all aspects of the Environmental Permits of the sites worked on.
• To ensure that all equipment on site or being driven on the highway is in a safe and working condition, any defects are reported and acted upon immediately. To report any damage found or caused to all property, owned or 3rd party.
• To provide and return all documentation that is required is both timely and legible. This includes the presentation of all documents associated with the vehicle and work time directives.VU-digital Tachograph records, defect-daily walk around reports being stored and produced as required.
• To take all necessary precautions for the safety of people, vehicles and plant as per Health and Safety legislation. Seeking guidance from the Transport Manager and or Transport Office as required.
• To follow work instructions provided and IMS procedures as indicated by line management. To complete all Health and Safety Training and update as required.
• To carry out all the vehicle/plant daily checks and simple maintenance required, recording as necessary. This includes chassis washing and equipment lubrication.
• To report all accidents involving and affecting vehicles, plant-equipment, self or third party to the Transport Office.
• To respond to any changes or diversions as directed by the Transport Office or other Agencies, e. g. Police, DVSA etc.
• To use the messaging technology provided and avoid the use of hand held mobile phones.
• To carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Contract or line management.
• Clean HGV licence for the appropriate categories, digital driver card and driver qualification card- These are all essential.
• Hookloader and drawbar experience preferred but not essential, full training is given.
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
• Driver CPC perpetually completing the required training days and maintaining this qualification.
• EU and RTD legislation driver's hours rest and work time.
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Have great awareness of environmental and road haulage compliance and law.
• Well-disciplined and have a flexible attitude to respond to the needs of the Contract
• Customer focused
• To promote a safe, good health and safety culture embracing refresher and other training as required.
• Resilient and able to work on own initiative
• Team Player