- Job Reference: 00018512-1
- Date Posted: 26 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for an HGV Driver to join our team delivering our Buckinghamshire HRC contract.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is a great opportunity for you to be part of a growing, environmentally-focused organisation and help reduce the impact of waste on the natural environment.
Joining one of the UK’s leading waste and resource management companies, you’ll receive great training, superb support and a range of benefits to complement your competitive salary.
As an HGV Driver, you will be tasked with collecting, shunting, transporting and emptying waste containers from the HRC sites across Buckinghamshire.
Working across nine HRC sites, you will:
- Complete all daily vehicle daily checks, reporting any defects or damage
- Ensure that loads are safe and legally compliant at all times
- Check any paperwork issued in relation to the load(s)
- Work to EU tachograph regulations
- Keep vehicles clean and in good order
- Communicate any customer issues or complaints
- Drive in a safe and efficient manner at all times, complying with all road legislation
To be considered as an HGV Driver, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience driving HGV
- An HGV Class 2 driving licence
- Roll-on, Roll-off experience
- Knowledge of EU and RTD legislation
- A Driver CPC perpetually completing the required training days and maintaining this qualification
An ADR Class 9 licence would be beneficial to your application, as would landfill experience or waste industry history.
Other organisations may call this role Goods Vehicle Driver, Heavy Goods Vehicle Driver, Class 2 Driver, Class II Driver, Waste Disposal Driver, or Container Driver.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an HGV Driver, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.