IWJS have over 40 years’ experience of delivering sewer services, waste management and industrial cleaning to essential infrastructure services across the UK – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
IWJS is looking to recruit an HGV Combination Unit Driver to work in our Wellingborough Depot. IWJS have been working for the waste water utility sector since 1977 so our experience of cleaning assets on sewage treatment works is probably, second to none. We have dedicated special operations teams who are chosen specifically to deliver high risk projects like large digester tank cleans where the working environment can be deep, very uninviting and potentially dangerous.
As the HGV Combination Unit Driver your duties & responsibilities will be:
- To achieve works outputs in line with the daily requirements
- To return all paperwork and associated documentation applicable to works in a timely manner.[
- Comply with Safety Inspectors or Investigators requirements
- Check all equipment before use, reporting any defects.
- Communicating to depot manager of any identified non-conformities, incidents (injury/damage/close call/hazard observation) or work safe refusal to work on safety grounds.
- Make effective use of safety equipment, particularly personal protective equipment
- To keep the vehicle in a clean condition, maintained and serviced regularly, inspecting daily for road worthiness.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- HGV Class 2 Current full driving license
- Good working knowledge of highways and drainage systems
- Prior experience of driving and operating a Combination Unit.
- Operations of High Pressure Water Jetting and Drain Cleaning
- Awareness of NRSWA Chapter 8
- Flexibility to work out of core working hours
- Confined Space Entry (Medium risk)
- NRSWA Chapter 8 SLG
- Manual Handling Awareness
- CSCS Card
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction
What’s in it for you?
- Pension scheme
- Training will be provided
- 20 Days Holiday Plus 8 days bank holiday
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.