About the role:
We are looking for a Health & Safety Trainer
, to support the ongoing development, delivery and assessment of the Health and Safety training requirements across Thames Water to ensure continued compliance with internal policies and external legislation. This delivery will embrace our expectations of Behaviours, Technical / Functional Competency, Professional Skills and Job Specific skills for every role in our business.
You will drive the continual improvement processes for our suite of Health and Safety training, promoting best practice through regular business engagement with key stakeholders whilst looking to identify and develop the most appropriate intervention based on business need. Work with our external training suppliers to ensure standards of delivery meet the requirements and expectations of Thames Water. AccountabilitiesDeliver suite of H&S training to internal and external delegates
Develop new and existing training interventions to meet business need
- Work independently and with members of the H&S training team to deliver a suite of H&S training courses, ensuring Thames Water and its employees and contractors can maintain internal and external compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Ensure a standardised high level of delivery across the Thames Water campus in line with all Thames Water training delivery
- Promote learner engagement through facilitated delivery techniques and apply as required to assist in determining learner competence
- Act as an Ambassador for the H&S training team, maintaining the highest standards of delivery at all times
- Work with the wider H&S training team to develop additional competencies to limit training delivery risk through ‘single point of failure’ scenarios
- Identify opportunities for development of existing training material in-line with changes to process, legislation, or equipment to meet the needs of individual and collective business areas
- Apply 70/20/10 learning methodology to training interventions to ensure that the most appropriate medium of training communication is developed and shared with learners
- Act on learner feedback to ensure continually improving training interventions meet customer need
- Identify opportunities for new training where existing material is too generic for all parties or where no current training exists
Maintain regulatory and legislative knowledge and compliance
- Work with existing Thames Water IT systems to ensure all learners are signed off as competent, as appropriate, post training delivery
- Review all learning to identify possible amendments to delivery medium without impacting message or competency outcomes, working closely with the wider business, Health and Safety Managers and Design Studio to determine most favourable outcome for learners
- Be fully conversant with all Thames Water communications systems including MS Office, SharePoint and Yammer and ensure regular and continual use of
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of content and amendments to the HASWA as well as specific legislation, guidelines and internal policy, process, and procedure, implementing any changes in to training materials as required
- Keep up to date with all internal mandatory training and maintain a mindset of continuous personal development
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Work with key stakeholders across Thames Water to identify training needs and identify opportunities to drive trainer and competency efficiencies
- Develop strong working relationships with training admin team, ensuring seamless delivery model for learners
- Obtain feedback and recommendations from stakeholders and build into future training delivery plans
- Develop key working relationships with all business areas through on-site business engagement, observation and assessment, understanding how training is applied in the workplace and identifying opportunities for training development
- Work closely with all H&S Managers and Advisors to ensure that all taught working practices can be effectively applied in the workplace and meet business development need
- Act as an ambassador and SME to the business to provide advice and guidance on training and competency development
What’s in it for you:
- Training delivery background with a minimum of a Level 4 qualification in an associated field.
- Extensive Health and Safety training experience with a key focus on at least one of the following is essential - Confined Space training, First Aid training, Working at Height training.
- Experience of both face-to-face and virtual training delivery.
- Conversant with IT systems, especially MS suite of programmes.
- TAQA (or equivalent) and IOSH/NEBOSH qualifications are desirable.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills.
- Willingness to travel across the Thames Water campus to deliver training is essential.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.