Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Epsom/Horsham/Ashford/London (flexible across Southern region)
Salary: £32.7k - £40.4k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
An excellent opportunity has arisen at SGN for the post of Health and Safety Advisor, within the H&S Business Support and Improvement Team. The team provides an important role across SGN and is a great opportunity for anyone with a genuine passion for health & safety, has a can-do attitude and wants ‘to make a difference’.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Being involved in Occupational Health and Safety, Process Safety, Environmental Safety, Wellbeing, Cultural and Behavioural Safety.
- Engage and develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote and encourage compliance with all health & safety legislation and company standards.
- Undertake onsite technical inspections and provide feedback to stakeholders.
- Participate in internal compliance/assurance audits and inspections.
- Undertake/support incident investigations and implement learning.
- Deliver briefings and coaching sessions to SGN's employees and contract partners.
- Assist with the development and implementation of safety bulletins, incident learning information & procedures.
- Supporting Enforcement Authority investigations/enquiries.
What you’ll need
- You should act with integrity, respect, and have a positive attitude to portray a professional image at all times.
- Highly motivated and flexible, being prepared to go the extra mile when required and be supportive of other H&S team members.
- An excellent communicator who can communicate both verbally and in writing, and influence in a clear, persuasive and straight forward way.
- Develop effective relationships with colleagues and must be able to question, challenge and hold people to account and have difficult conversations when required. Understand what engagement is and apply that in the day to day role.
- Be able to think ahead to anticipate issues and obstacles and flex strategies to avoid them and work efficiently to meet deadlines. Have a high attention to detail and be able to plan and manage your own time.
- Should be a candidate of high calibre, with good IT skills and ability to travel is an essential part of the job.
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent- or be working towards qualification.
- Progression through the salary banding will require you to gain professional status through attainment of H&S qualification (e.g. Certificate/ Diploma/Degree) and the appropriate level of IOSH membership
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
SGN is currently paving the way in cutting-edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas, and we think supporting outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place and look after each other, and our customers’ safety. Be part of something big and make a difference today!
Our company | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Here’s what we offer you:
Everyone is different, so there’s something in our benefits package for everyone. Click the link below for more info on some of the benefits we offer:
Benefits | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. Click the link below to find out about how we are working towards fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all: Diversity and inclusion | SGN Your gas. Our network.