We have a brand new and rare opportunity for a knowledgeable and experienced Plant and Logistics Professional, to join our prestigious Joint Venture for Thames Water, based at our depot in Maidenhead.
This is a senior post reporting directly into the JV Director and you will be the principal plant and logistics point of contact, with overall responsibility for all activities across the joint venture. You will have two direct reports with teams totalling 20-30 individuals.
Your role will be key to the overall success of the JV’s service delivery and as such, you will be taking control of proactively and positively managing stakeholder relationships, to ensure all projects are delivered safely, on time, in budget and to the highest standards.
- Minimum of NVQ6 Construction Management
- CSCS black (managers) card or White PQP/AQP card
- Understanding of project management fundamentals
- Site Managers Supervisory Training scheme (SMSTS)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in logistics on major infrastructure projects
- A good understanding and practical experience of legal requirements and how to comply with them, including section 60 & 61, construction logistics plans, vehicle and driving safety
- Knowledge of site establishment and ongoing operation and maintenance
- Good knowledge of safe operational practice operation of vehicles and equipment and methods of loading and off-loading
- Good knowledge and practical experience of materials scheduling planning and organising deliveries to/from sites
- Experience of liaising with local authorities, the Police and Highways Agency
- Working knowledge of Safety at Street Works COP, Traffic Signs Manual Chapter 8, Traffic Management Act 2004 & Disability Discrimination Act 2005
If you are you looking for a new challenge that will give you an opportunity to utilise all of your plant and logistics knowledge and have a passion for developing and supporting others to achieve their career goals, we would love to hear from you.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.