About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is looking to recruit a Head of Delivery to work with our team based in Stepps, near Glasgow.
Morrison Utility Services have an established portfolio of work on the Capital Investment Programme with Scottish Water. We are looking to grow the business and as part of this strategy we are in the process of bidding the operational alliances (DV2). Lot 4 of this bid comprises a £1bn programme to replace mechanical/electrical equipment that is life expired. MUS have already been successful at ITN1 with the ITN2 phase expected to resume in summer 2020.
As the Head of Delivery, you will lead the Bid Team with a view to delivering the work should we be successful. You will have a key input into the delivery strategy and assist with building our capability whilst championing health and safety and supporting the team.
As the Head of Delivery your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead the bid team through the process ensuring rigorous completion of the quality and commercial challenges set by Scottish Water
- Work with our estimating function to refine the commercial model for the bid and ensure consistency with the delivery strategy
- Develop the delivery strategy for the programme
- Work with the established supply chain to build relationships and ensure effective support of the delivery strategy
- Key contact with the Scottish Water Senior team; build an effective relationship that compliments the MUS brand and way of working
- Ensure alignment with Scottish Water vision through delivery of the contract
- Ensure sustainable reduction in delivery costs to bring the required efficiencies on the programme
Delivery of Lot 4
- Set the delivery strategy for the programme and ensure this seamlessly integrates with Scottish Water
- Accountability for the commercial performance of the contract
- Lead the delivery teams to safely deliver the portfolio of projects in line with Scottish Water and CWA expectations
Support to the Capital Programme (DV1)
- Assist in the development of the non-infra structure delivery strategy
- Help build the non-infrastructure capability and ensure this is appropriately focused
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with development team.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Active member of the contract management team driving the project forward whilst embracing innovation and alternate ways of working.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in a similar role within the water industry is essential
- Programme Management experience preferable
- An appreciation of the complexities associated with MEICA equipment replacement operation
- Track record of accountability for the performance of a business unit
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.