Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Head of Commercial for our Electrical Transmission Business who will work on nationwide projects.
The Head of Commercial will be a critical part of the Electrical Transmission leadership team and will be responsible for supporting the growth of both the commercial department and the business unit.
Reporting to the Contracts Director you will interface with organisations such as National Grid, SSE and private enterprise customers delivering in the Electrical Transmission space. This is a newly created position focused on growing the department to support the delivery of both significant EPC projects as well as numerous smaller M&E projects for the customer base.
The Head of Commercial will be the Contract Director’s commercial conscience and ensure that targeted margin is achieved, cash is collected promptly and risks are appropriately managed. They will work closely with the senior leadership team and the contract teams to identify and realise opportunities to reduce costs and maximise revenue.
As a Head of Commercial your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ensure targeted margin is achieved and cash is collected promptly.
- Identify and realise opportunities to reduce costs and maximise revenue.
- Produce financial and commercial reports.
- Work closely with client representatives and be involved in tender preparation and assessment.
- Collate and scrutinise monthly cost value reconciliations (CVRs).
- Produce and routinely update cash forecasts.
- Work closely and establish strong relationships with Contract Director and their teams.
- Lead the annual budget process for the contract and any re-forecasting exercises.
- Participate in tender process and assessments including producing formal detailed reviews of proposed contracts.
- Provide commercial leadership, guidance and support to the Electrical Transmission business leadership team and your commercial staff.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Significant commercial management experience gained with the Construction Industry.
- Electrical Transmission experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of construction commercial management systems and procedures.
- Detailed understanding of cost value reconciliations.
- Understanding of actual cost collation and comparison to target cost.
- Thorough understanding of sub-contract procurement and administration.
- Comprehensive understanding of forms of contacts and methods of measurement.
- A full driving licence and willingness to travel nationally.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday.
- Annual bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Private health care.
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card.
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.