£32,364 - £42,407 - depending on skills and experience
Full time, 37 hours per week
Engineering your career, secure your future!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Anglian Water's expanding Electrical Maintenance team. We are looking someone who will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the DSEAR (dangerous substance and explosive atmosphere regulations) periodic inspection programme and required remedial work.
You specifically will be completing inspection, testing, remedial and refurbishment work on electrical/mechanical assets within Hazardous areas, this includes production and updating of subsequent records.
This is a specialist yet diverse electrical role within Anglian Water with plenty of opportunity to develop and gain additional knowledge and training. You will have the opportunity to work with engineers carrying out work on Low Voltage, High Voltage and Thermography subjects and programmes. Whilst relevant hazardous area qualifications and experience is preferred, training and upskilling is possible for the right candidate.
Duties will also include providing technical advice regard hazardous areas, assisting and cover other electrical duties within the scope of the Electrical Maintenance team. While developing, encouraging and fostering good and safe working practices.
As a valued employee, you'll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 26 days annual leave - rising with length of service
- Flexible working
- Competitive pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a DSEAR Engineer?
- Electrically competent
- CompEx 01- 04
- ONC/OND or equivalent electrical technical qualification
- Member of an appropriate electrical engineering body
- Experience of electrical work in hazardous areas.
- Knowledge of the requirements of BSEN-600-79-14 & 17
- Experience of EXd,EXe,EXn & EXi protection concepts
- Working knowledge of Water Supply and Recycling operational assets.
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to adapt, challenge and change.
- Demonstrated work flexibility.
- Proactive & forward looking with the ability to think strategically.
Why Anglian Water?
Anglian Water is not your typical water company. Just look at our Love Every Drop strategy that underpins everything that we do, and you'll start to get a feel for our culture. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly love what we do! We're constantly exploring; working hard to find new and better ways to look after our customers' individual needs. And this is where you come in - we need more great people to help us on our quest.
Closing date: 25th February 2021