About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Health & Safety Advisor,
the purpose of the role will be to provide professional Safety, Health & Wellbeing, (S,H&W) advice to management and employees, as well as delivering the S, H&W strategy, ensuring compliance with the S, H&W management system, standards, processes, and procedures.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- You will be leading and undertaking audits/inspections and incident investigations and agreeing on an action plan with the site management. There will be a requirement to report statistical information as required.
- Alongside this you will be advising stakeholders, supporting service staff, our Partners and contractors on Safety, Health and Wellbeing matter's ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and industry best practice by liaising with enforcing authorities and professional groups, which also includes supporting with design, pre-start meetings and performance discussions.
- You will be building trusted relationships to ensure you are raising awareness in the business and deliver training in line with the annual training plan outside of core H&S team training.
- Lead in the review of safe systems at work and risk assessments where there is a significant risk to health, safety, and the environment.
What’s in it for you:
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) or working towards.
- In-depth knowledge of Safety, Health and Wellbeing legislation and a particular understanding of process safety, CDM and construction environments.
- Experience of delivering successful local Safety, Health and Wellbeing programs with a customer focus as well as proven delivery of training.
- As a minimum, you will be required to hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent or working towards.
- You will be expected to travel across the Thames Water catchment area and therefore you must hold a full, clean UK driving license and own your own vehicle; in return, you will receive a car allowance.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.