ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
Group Health & Safety forms part of our Corporate functions that is responsible for providing support services for all other ScottishPower businesses. We know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
Reporting to the Head of Group H&S, providing a group-wide approach to the safe management of electrical and mechanical works. Delivering consistent group wide methodology where possible with regards policy, procedures, safety rules and all other associated works, allowing business areas to modify or expand on this as required at all voltage levels. Implementing, monitoring and continuously improving a governance and compliance framework across SP Group for the safe management of electro-mechanical works to deliver world class performance in this area. In conjunction with each business area and other support functions responsible for reviewing authorisation/training compliance performance at group level including internal and external parties and in line with company methodology, industry practice, legislation etc. Acting as a reference in this area and working in conjunction with other Iberdrola group companies to share best practice, lessons learned and where necessary influence global methodology.
* To design, develop and manage a consistent SP Group methodology framework with regards the safe management of electrical and mechanical works including authorisations to deliver world class performance in this area. Such a framework allows each business to area to expand/modify as required to meet business specific requirements.
* To provide governance for the application of electrical and mechanical safety rules across all areas of ScottishPower.
* Chair the SP Group Safety Rule Committee and ensure suitable local business arrangements are in place for similar.
* Support the development of Electrical & Mechanical Safety Handbooks or equivalent
* Support Learning in the development of electro-mechanical training material
* Design, implement and continuously improve a management assurance / compliance framework to monitor the performance of SP businesses and external parties with regards the safe management of electrical and mechanical works.
* Responsible for the coordination of the SP group-wide Safety Rules Committee to deliver a platform for communicating new requirements (internal or external), sharing best practice, and lessons learned etc
* Drive improvement actions from electro-mechanical incidents across ScottishPower Group and in conjunction with Iberdrola
* In conjunction with the relevant business area or support function, responsible for checking (sampling) the integrity of training including all stages of the training process e.g. training material, quality of delivery, interviews, certification and record keeping etc.
* To be a point of reference for SP Group and Iberdrola with regards the safe management of electrical and mechanical works.
* In conjunction with each business area and other Operational Assurance Depts, provide a framework to support governance and compliance within each business area whilst allowing reporting at both business and group level
* To regularly report at SP Group level cross- business performance and contractor performance with regards the safe management of electrical and mechanical works.
* To deliver or support the delivery of projects and audits across the SP Group and Iberdrola that support the delivery of strategy, support compliance and achievements of health and safety goals
* To provide advice & guidance to each Business and contribute to the development of specific business methodology with regards electrical and mechanical safety policies, procedures, and training programmes etc. Trying to align with group-wide methodology wherever possible.
* Perform operational interviews in accordance with operational policies and undertake rigorous operational review of staff & contractors competencies in any business area
* Lead and participate in audits (internal and external) across all ScottishPower business areas
* Lead, coach and provide performance management for team members
To establish, monitor and control a safe working environment within the area where the post holder is responsible.
Skills and Requirements
* Significant experience in electrical and mechanical safety management at operational and senior management levels within a large organisation
* Experience with machine and plant safety including electrical and mechanical permit to work procedures
* Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline or alternative significant proven experience
* Proven technical expert in Electrical & Mechanical Safety related process and procedures and the application on-site or throughout the life-cycle of a project (FEED, Detailed Design, Tender, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance)
* Proficient detailed knowledge regarding high / low voltage equipment related to high voltage and low voltage substations for all areas of ScottishPower activity
* Proven experience researching and identifying best practice with regards the safe management of electrical and mechanical works
* Advanced knowledge of technical specifications issued by regulatory or stakeholder bodies both local and global e.g. National Grid, Energy Networks Association, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE).
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record in building relationships within a large organisation across all elements of the business, broad network of contacts.
* Developed customer focus and ability to relate to/influence staff in a constructive positive informative way at all levels of an organisation.
* Proven significant experience working through complex technical issues, formulating solutions, suggestions and appropriate courses of action
* Experience in programme or project management
* Comprehensive knowledge of Electrical & Non-Electrical Authorisation/Training process & procedures.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
* Able to travel UK wide and internationally
* Proven significant experience of managing electrical and mechanical safety compliance in a large organisation at a senior management level.
* Proven technical knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical works
Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
What we Offer
This is a Permanent contract. Salary for this role will be from £50,560 per annum. Other benefits for this role include a performance related bonus up to 15% and Family health care cover and an attractive car allowance
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Process they will follow: Behavioural Based Interview and 10-minute presentation "Using an appropriate framework, how would you ideally establish and manage an Electro-Mechanical governance model across SP Group"
Behaviours of Line Manager: Be a Role Model, Be Agile, Focus to Achieve Results and Collaborate & Share.
* Location: ScottishPower Headquarters, 320 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5AD
Closing date: 30th September 2020