M Group Services is currently looking to recruit a Group Commercial Asset Manager to work in our Stevenage headquarters and remote working.
As Group Commercial Asset Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the right people, processes, suppliers reports and systems are applied in ensuring accurate invoicing into the company and then apportioned correctly using the internal IT recharge model.
M Group Services Business Systems is responsible for the oversight and delivery of IT and Telecoms services to all divisions of the group, whether directly provisioned or managing third party suppliers/partners. The primary objective of the team is to ensure best practice services are provided at best value, either with bespoke tailored services or group wide agreements.
As the Group Commercial Asset Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Managing the IT recharge model to ensure systems and processes result in accurate information to the business
- Working with suppliers to ensure that their invoices can be processed efficiently through the Oracle ERP system
- Reinforcing and improving the procurement processes that should be followed by those raising purchase orders for IT services to ensure that they are as efficient as possible
- Implementing IT policy as agreed with the Group IT Service Manager
- Assisting others in the M Group Services Business Systems Team to help manage IT costs
- Provide commercial tracking of large projects and supplier spend
- Ensuring all infrastructure changes across the Group are commercially sound
- Improve the commercial governance and adherence to procedures by those outside the core IT Team through awareness presentations and engagement
- Ensure IT commercial related documentation is up to date
- Help to produce business cases
- A service oriented, friendly approach to providing first rate IT commercial support
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous experience of working as a Commercial Manager and dealing with suppliers and demanding customers
- Degree qualification
- Experience of working for or closely with an internal IT function (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, functions, pivot tables, vlookups etc.
- Ability to independently identify best practice and be able to execute system and process improvements to simplify and improve the quality of the IT commercial function
- Effective communication skills, able to interact with senior management and influence decision makers
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect the team toward new objectives
- Able to work with IT Managed Service Providers and negotiate with suppliers to achieve service improvement and reduce costs
- Knowledge of budgets, planning and financial reporting
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with good attention to detail
- Proven track record of assessing commercial processes and implementing improvements
- Software license management
- IT Asset management
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.