Graduate (Project Management) (15540)
Job ID: 15540
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
United Utilities provides water and sewage services to around seven million people in North West England. Behind the scenes that means operating enough miles of pipework and sewers to wrap three times round the planet, investing billions of pounds to improve water and the environment across the North West, while taking care of some of the most scenic and environmentally sensitive countryside in the region. We're embracing new technology, thinking outside the box to improve services for our customers and even harnessing the renewable energy potential of the region's water, waste and weather.
In short, it's our job to bring three million households and 200,000 businesses, clean, clear water and to take their waste water away so our customers can simply get on with their day.
- Initially undertaking the Project Coordinator role you will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager in managing and delivering projects safely and to time, cost and quality constraints.
- During the training scheme you will also get to experience project delivery from other key roles including site construction management, contract and commercial management and project controls to understand schedule and cost management.
- The final 12-months of the scheme will be spent working as a Project Manager.
- You will support the Project Manager in delivering Medium to High Complexity Projects.
- Liaise with the project team members and internal/ external stakeholders.
- Work using your own initiative requiring limited supervision from a more experienced senior or lead project coordinator.
- Have a flexible style to suit different situations.
- Effective formal/ informal communication.
- Ability to prioritise tasks & finite resources to deliver business targets / objectives.
Knowledge and Skills
- 2:1 Project Management Degree or 2:1 Science or Engineering Degree with a qualification or experience in Project Management.
- Great interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Contract management/ commercial awareness.
- Technical awareness/ competence.
- Good team working skills, .
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual assessment centre in late January. Dates to be confirmed.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.