Graduate Modelling Engineer (15535)
Job ID: 15535
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
United Utilities provides water and sewage services to around seven million people in the North West. Behind the scenes that means operating enough miles of pipework and sewers to wrap three times round the planet, investing billions of pounds to improve water and the environment across the North West, while taking care of some of the most scenic and environmentally sensitive countryside in the region. We're embracing new technology, thinking outside the box to improve services for our customers and even harnessing the renewable energy potential of the region's water, waste and weather.
In short, it's our job to bring three million households and 200,000 businesses, clean, clear water and to take their waste water away so our customers can simply get on with their day.
Do you see yourself as a future leader providing the technical skills to enhance the services to our customers? To support the delivery of our ambitious and challenging plans we need outstanding specialists who can drive performance and engage with people at all levels of the business.
We will provide you with development opportunities to work to Chartered Engineer status. You will be working on a series of projects designed to help you get to grips with the breadth of the business and the diverse challenges we face in delivering drinking water. You will:
- Possess or have potential to develop strong engineering skills towards Chartered Engineer status
- You will have the opportunity to develop leadership, financial and communications skills to support regulatory compliance and efficiency of operation.
- Have the ability to work across a matrix organisation to deliver desired outcomes.
- You will be given opportunities to build, maintain and use network models for solving water network problems
- Develop skills to support operations personnel to manage water distribution in line with company commitments
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 2:1 BSc or BA degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering, Environmental, Hydrological or Mathematical discipline
- Interest and ability in numerical computational analysis
- Evidence of engagement in water environmental interests
- Excellent team player
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to influence across all levels
- Good written and interpersonal skills
- Great problem solving skills
- Knowledge and interest in water supply and distribution
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual assessment centre in late January. Dates to be confirmed.
For further information regarding clean water networks and examples of network modelling software follow these links:
Synergi Water (by DNVGL) https://www.dnvgl.com/services/water-quality-analysis-and-hydraulic-modelling-synergi-water-2792
Bentley WaterGEMS https://www.bentley.com/en/products/product-line/hydraulics-and-hydrology-software/watergems
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.