Graduate (Business Information Management) (15539)
Job ID: 15539
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
United Utilities provides water and sewage services to seven million people across the North West. It's a big job and a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly for our customers. From operating our pipes and improving water quality, to embracing new technologies and safeguarding the local environment – whether you're in our head office or out on site, there's always plenty going on.
In our credit performance and insight department, you'll have the chance to work alongside an established team who have a great track record in delivering business reporting, behavioural scorecards and customer insight enabling us to understand our customers, support the vulnerable in our community and to maximise water bill payments. You will have the opportunity to work with lots of different teams across the business.
We're looking for enthusiastic graduates to lead the way and help us to meet the challenges of the future.
- You'll receive a tailored development programme which will cover all areas of the team enabling you to build your skills in decision making, data analysis, data management, reporting and presentation.
- You will have the opportunity to spend time in other areas of the business enabling you to gain a fully rounded view of how our data resource is leveraged to optimise performance.
- You'll get the chance to become an expert in the use of our state-of-the-art data tools including Exasol – our data warehousing solution, Alteryx, the data manipulation, reporting and analytics engine and Tableau our business intelligence platform.
- You will be introduced to the practical applications of you mathematical and statistical skills in understanding our business and our customers.
Knowledge and Skills
Our team has a strong reputation for excellence and our graduates are an important part of that success.
We require our graduates to have a minimum 2:1 degree classification in a scientific, mathematical or statistical discipline.
You will need to be:
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- A strong leader.
- An excellent team player.
- An excellent communicator at all levels.
- Able to work under pressure in a wide range of situations.
- Highly organised.
- Able to prioritise work.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SQL, R or Python would help you hit the ground running.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual assessment centre in late January. Dates to be confirmed.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background. If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.