About The Role
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit Grab Operator to work on our Welsh Water contract in Bridgend.
As a Grab Operator you will be part of WNA who are responsible for Water main rehabilitation works
As a Grab Operator your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Transport aggregates/materials using variety of vehicles and plant machinery
- Remove spoil and waste materials and dispose of as appropriate
- Liaise with the planning/management team throughout the working day to facilitate the completion of planned tasks
- Complete allocated work(s) and work records within the planned timescales to the SQS standard of Safety and Quality
- Ensure that all Signing Lighting and Guarding (SLG) is set up and maintained in accordance with Chapter 8 guidelines
- Identify and apply Banks Persons resources or use reversing camera for vehicle and plant manoeuvring
- Operate manual and mechanical plant and equipment
- Ensure the security of vehicle, plant and equipment
- Identify and report all defects or damage to site or property
- Be prepared to provide other reasonable duties in line with requirements of the company.
You must have a Street Works Ticket and CSCS Ticket
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- You must have class 2 LGV with CPCS/CSCS
- Grab ticket
- Experience in Muck away and utility work
- References essential
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.