Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit Grab Operatives to work on our Severn Trent Water contract in the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire area.
Morrison Utility Services is responsible for the back fill, reinstatement and site clearance operations after the repair and maintenance of water assets.
As a Grab Operative, you will ensure that all reinstatement works undertaken are done safely and in line with Morrison Utility Services safe systems of work procedures.
As a Grab Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Understand and follow risk assessments
- Set up and dismantle sites to the Chapter 8 code of practice
- Inspect all work and plant equipment for defects and report any failures
- Work in the highways, within proximity of pedestrians and live traffic
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections, report failure and ensure vehicles arrive for inspections
- Achieve a high level of commercial feedback (timesheets, works sheets, material receipts)
- Work to a high standard to minimise return remedial works
- Have the ability to use the provided I.T systems & capture live site photographs
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Full UK driving licence (Class 2 preferable)
- Lorry Loader
- Clamshell (Grab Bucket)
- Water Hygiene (Desirable)
- Water SHEA or CSCS
- Emergency First aid
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive wheels
- Good customer service skills
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.