Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a General Operative to work on our Caledonia Water Alliance contract in Stepps, Glasgow.
As a General Operative, you will be part of our Operations Team who are responsible for carrying out clean water rehabilitation projects.
Caledonia Water Alliance (a partnership between Aecom and Morrison Utility Services to support the delivery of Scottish Water Capital Investment programme) are responsible for delivering £360 million of clean water infrastructure. Our services consist of programme management, design and rehabilitation of water network across the whole of Scotland.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team, driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions then we are interested in hearing from you.
As a General Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Digging tracks, placing and compacting pipe bedding material, laying and jointing pipes, backfilling and compacting excavations, mix and lay concrete
- Operate plant and machinery, use equipment such as drills and pumps and move and unload materials
- Work under the supervision of the Ganger, Site Agent, Senior Site Agent and Construction Manager
- Drive dumpers and other construction vehicles and act as a Banksman
- Keep site safe and tidy and look after tools and equipment
- Proved assistance to the Site Team which may include a number of varied tasks
- Work in a safe manner at all times with consideration towards fellow workers and members of the public who may come into contact with our work
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- DOM's & Water Hygiene - required, training will be available
- NRSW qualification required
- Full Driving Licence
- SHEA Water
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety
- Previous Utility Sector experience required
- An understanding of streetworks requirements and the reading and understanding of public utility drawings
- Experience of water rehabilitation techniques including pipe materials, jointing techniques and reinstatement - preferred
- Able to understand instructions and carry them out reliably and efficiently
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
- Travel throughout Scotland will be required to work on operational sites
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.