Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a General Manager to work within our Alliance contract with UK Power Networks in the South East of England.
MUS is working in partnership with Major Clients, delivering substation build and refurbishment projects across the East of England. Our works include design, project management, cable installation, construction, jointing, switchgear and transformer commissioning, decommissioning and demolition works.
As the General Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Managing and enhancing client relations.
- Business development with current clients and contribute to contract re-negotiations.
- Oversee the delivery of the contract to the required standards.
- Ensure works meets all Client, safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Ensure that the Contract delivers against profitability and cash flow targets.
- Ensure that works are adequately resourced and that training and succession plans are in place.
- Ensure that the contract operation conforms to statutory requirements and those of the company Business Management System.
- Contribute to tender bids elsewhere in the business.
Essential skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Previous experience in a senior operational leadership role within the utilities sector.
- Preferably educated to degree level in technical or business discipline.
- Relevant management or professional qualifications.
- Proven high level negotiation skills.
- Experience of working in an Alliance or JV environment.
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety and Quality management.
- High degree of commercial, contractual and strategic awareness.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.