Gas Distribution Assistant (NCO1)
Salary: £21.9k - £24.4k
We are currently looking for Gas Operatives to support our Engineers in carrying out repair, replacement, and laying of new gas mains and services.
Passionate about working for an industry leading company? SGN are currently paving the way in cutting edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place.
So, what will you be doing day to day?
You will be supporting engineers on site and learning from them every day when carrying out gas service and mains repair activities. The physical aspect of this job involves excavating/digging in the public/private highways laying and repairing gas pipes, so you will be working in a variety of outdoor environments safely and as part of a team. You will also maintain the SGN vans and tools before and after each job.
What you’ll need
- City & Guilds - Network Construction Operations Level 1 (6028-01 qualification)
- City & Guilds - Gas Network Operations Level 1 (6029-01 qualification)
- Cable locating skills
- Knowledge of site set up including boards and barriers
- Understanding of site safety
- Communicative and Inter-personal skills, including the ability to converse with members of the public
- You will be expected to be flexible and to work variable hours participating in the 24-hour standby rota
- A full and valid driving licence is essential
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Company benefits including retail discounts, HolidayPlus, gym & mobile discounts, general health and wellbeing support, an excellent pension scheme, and more
- Being a part of a working environment where you are empowered to be yourself and work with all different kinds of people
- Joining a team where you work will directly impact SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ safe and warm, as well as reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry
Who are SGN?
In short, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses.
Come and be a part of world leading energy company!
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…