Gas Distribution Assistant (NCO1)
Salary: £21.6k - £24.1k
We currently have opportunities for the role of Gas Operatives (NCO1s) in our Aldershot depot.
The overall purpose of this job is to support the Craftsperson Repair in carrying out repair, replacement and laying of new gas mains and services.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Safety on site
- Supporting Craftsperson Repair on site
- Maintaining vans and tools before and during the job
- Gas service and mains repair activities
- Undertaking physically demanding work involving excavating/digging in the public/private highways laying and repairing gas pipes
- Working in a variety of outdoor environments safely and as part of a team
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
The job holder should hold a GN01 qualification.
The technical skills and job knowledge/experience essential in this job are:
- Cable locating skills
- Knowledge of site set up including boards and barriers
- Understanding of site safety
- Communicative and Inter-personal skills, including the ability to converse with members of the public
- You will be expected to be flexible and to work variable hours participating in the 24-hour standby rota
- NCO1 accreditation is an advantage but not essential as appropriate training will be provided
- A full and valid driving licence is essential
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…