Location: Aldershot (GU11 3QR)
Hours: 07:30 – 17:00
Rate: Competitive and commensurate depending on experience
Clancy are seeking Operatives to join the Repair & Maintenance side of our busy South East Water framework and undertake mains and service repairs in the Aldershot area.
You will be responsible for carrying out technical activities in relation to service & mains connections, and laying & repairs on our Client’s water networks.
The role requires an extensive amount of physical activity, primarily hand-digging as opposed to machine operation, so demonstrable ability to perform in this aspect is essential. You will also need to be based within a reasonable commute of the Faversham/Copton area due to our stand-by agreement, whereby a team need to be on-site within two hours of call out at any given time.
- Undertake all aspects of work required by line management
- Undertake activities in order to minimise disruption to local residents and meet the contract KPIs as well as meeting client specific requirements
- Ensure all customer and client interaction is professional and in accordance with procedures
- Strict compliance with legal and legislative policies and procedures
- Cooperate in any incident / accident / damage investigation
- Accurate and timely completion of all data recorded on information management systems
- Participation in stand-by rota outside of core working hours (1 in every 4 weeks - Friday night to Thursday night)
- Ensure strict adherence to all Clancy Group health, safety and environmental regulations
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Streetworks card
- Water hygeine card
- Demonstrable experience of stop taps, service leak repairs from six (6) to twelve (12) inch, service connections, chamber repairs, domestic meter installations
- Experience of NRSWA
- Demonstrable experience as a machine operator
- Full and valid drivers’ licence (a van will be provided for travel to sites)
- Towing license highly desirable
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 22 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.