About The Role
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Ganger to work on our Welsh Water contract in Bridgend
As a Ganger you will be part of our WNA contract who are responsible for Water Main Renewal works.
As a Ganger your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all excavations are undertaken in a safe manner and in line with Morrison Utility Services procedures and polices
- Risk assessments (understand and able to follow)
- Set up and remove site
- Demonstrate an excellent level of customer engagement
- Defect and damage reporting
- Work in highways with pedestrians and live traffic
- Maintain a clean and tidy work vehicle and tools
- Adhere to any relevant policies and procedures
- Escalate issues
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- SHEA Water
- CSCS – Site Operative
- Water mains and service laying experience
- Excavator Tickets
- Dumper Tickets
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.