Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Ganger to work on our Thames Water Smart Metering contract in the Thames Valley region.
As a Ganger, you will be part of our Smart Metering Team who are responsible for the installation of domestic and commercial water meters from 15mm-150mm.
Thames Water Smart Metering, is responsible for the installation of smart water meters across London and the Thames Valley area covering all of Thames Water’s patch.
As a Ganger your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all dig and fix works undertaken are safe and in line with Morrison Utility Services procedures and industry best practice
- Understand and follow risk assessments
- Install water meters as per Thames Water specification following all hygiene practices and essential standards
- Set up site and remove site (Chapter 8)
- Defect/damage reporting
- Demonstrate an excellent level of customer engagement
- Maintain a clean and safe work site, vehicle and tooling
- Escalate any issues that arise
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- NRSWA including Reinstatement modules
- Network valve operations
- Driving License including towing B,E
- Water hygiene card
- Water SHEA or CSCS
- Emergency First Aid
- Abrasive Wheels
- Manual Handling
- Deep excavation
- Vacuum excavator
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.