Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Ganger to work on our Caledonia Water Alliance contract in Stepps, Glasgow.
As a Ganger, you will be part of our Operations Team who are responsible for carrying out water mains rehabilitation projects across Scotland.
Caledonia Water Alliance (a partnership between Aecom and Morrison Utility Services to support the delivery of the Scottish Water Capital Investment programme) are responsible for delivering £360 million of clean water infrastructure. our services consist of programme management, design and rehabilitation of the water network across the whole of Scotland.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
As a Ganger your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and direct the site Operatives and Construction teams and ensure the safe, efficient and timely delivery of the rehabilitation works
- Ensure progress is maintained, quality levels are achieved and to keep an accurate record of work undertaken including resources, plant and material on site
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Work closely with the Site Agent and CLO on programming works and daily duties
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- DOM's & Water Hygiene - required, training will be available
- NRSW qualification required
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety
- Previous Utility Sector experience required
- A good understanding of NRSW requirements and good understanding of and able to read public utility drawings
- Considerable experience of water rehabilitation techniques, including pipe materials, jointing techniques and reinstatement
- A strong work ethos with the ability to get the best out of individuals while ensuring a highly motivated team
- Excellent customer service skills
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
- Travel throughout Scotland will be required to work on operational sites.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.