Business Area: Kier Utilities- Western Power Distribution
Permanent- Full Time
Connecting people, powering the UK
Kier works as part of a framework for Western Power Distribution to ensure its customers have power in their homes, businesses, schools and hospitals. We are an essential member of the team mainly working on reactive and planned maintenance in Exeter, Bristol and down to Cornwall.
We employ a large number of teams across the region, whose role it is to either respond to emergencies to dig down in the street or on private property to give our clients access to repair their asset, or to lay new mains cables as part of their ongoing planned maintenance programme. Our responsibility begins with planning the works and finishes with us clearing site having put it back to the same or better condition than when we arrived, making sure that customers are happy and informed throughout every stage of the works. Key Skills and Qualifications
- Holder of Full UK Driving Licence
- Holder of relevant CSCS/ CPSC cards
- Holder of NRSWA card
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbal
- EUSR Power
- Cat and Genny Training
- Utility Experience
- Deep Excavation Training/ experience
Desirable Skills/ Experience/ Training
- UK Driving Licence CAT C + E
- EUSR- SHEA Power
We recognise people are essential to delivering exceptional services and everyone has the opportunity to realise their full potential and therefore we will offer you a long-term career with continued training and development.
- Operate cable avoidance equipment
- Access & avoid underground Utilities
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. In return, we will be offering you a strong benefits package that includes:
- Access to our pension scheme- Kier Retirement Savings Plan
- Free Life Assurance
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Options to participate in Cycle2Work and Payroll Giving Schemes
- Two employee Share Scheme options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/ standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Let's keep our world working!
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Kier is an inclusive employer
Closing date: 21/01/2021