Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Ganger to work on our Thames Water contract in Dartford.
As a Ganger you will be part of our Bulk Metering and Customer Side Leakage team who are responsible for the installation of bulk meters across London and the identification and repair of customer side leaks following smart meter installations.
As a Ganger your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Installation of bulk meters and repair of customer side leaks to the relevant specification
- Completion of all project and contract specific paperwork/electronic forms
- Communication with, Supervisors, Reinstatement Teams and Support Drivers to ensure the effective coordination of planned work
- Health and safety checks including completion of on site risk assessments
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of meter installations, new service installations and leak repairs
- Streetworks knowledge
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.