Further Work Resolution Technician (16321)
Job ID: 16321
Location: Kendal, Mintsfeet Road Depot
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Working as a representative of United Utilities you will be the focal point for all DNM Alert Response activities and empowered to resolve these on-site and in the associated electronic systems. Acting as the custodian of the alerts that are generated on both Infrastructure & Non Infrastructure assets, you will ensure that all alert response investigations are carried out to the appropriate standards, maintaining long-term network integrity. You will
act as a conduit between the Alert Response Teams (Inf & Non Inf), the DNM project team & the Drainage Performance teams to ensure that all Alerts are responded to and investigated appropriately in line with the process' & SLA's set out by the DNM project team, you will also be expected to be involved in the continuous improvement and development of the most effective and efficient way to respond to alerts both from an operational perspective and system logic/setpoint determination. You will ensure that all feedback is collated for dissemination and updating of the DNM platform to ensure quick and effective decision making. You will be responsible
for coordinating the Alert response teams and robustly auditing their investigations to ensure full root cause is established and any required further work is promoted in to the BAU operational teams.
You will be responsible for supporting the operational team in delivering compliance with United Utilities Health and Safety, quality, Environment and Security policies and procedures at all times as well as:
- Ensuring compliance with all Wastewater Network policies, procedures, Environment Agency protocol and regulatory requirements on a daily basis.
- Acting as the responsible person and Network Operations representative
- Providing Technical support and advice
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Reviewing key performance indicators and developing ways of improving performance
- Accuracy, reliability and completeness of regulatory data recording.
- Carrying out investigations into technical non-compliance and safety related incidents
- Coordinating investigations for Gang only infrastructure teams & Non Infrastructure teams
Knowledge and Skills
To be considered for this role you will hold an HNC in Civil Engineering or have significant relevant work experience. You will have substantial knowledge and experience of day to day sewer operation and maintenance as well as sewerage law. You will also have:
- Good general knowledge of Health and Safety and other standards including CDM and NRSWA.
- Experience in on site civils/jetting operations, including but not limited to deep excavation, trenching, patching & lining, use of CCTV & HPWJ techniques.
- Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical control philosophies & maintenance/fault diagnosis techniques
- Understanding of the regulatory contact with OFWAT including CMEX/ODI
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Capable of using own initiative and working under pressure
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent team working.
- Full UK driving licence
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.