Front End Developer/Analyst
- Job Reference: 18089
- Date Posted: 16 February 2021
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: Glasgow (G2 5AD), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Information Technology (IT)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
Our Retail business provides energy to 5 million households and businesses across the UK and we've been voted best large energy supplier of the year for 2018. At ScottishPower we want to do the right thing for our customers. We believe in fair pricing and offer a choice of tariffs to suit customer needs. We offer products that help our customers control and protect the energy in their homes and the flexibility to help customers manage their energy accounts today, tomorrow and in the future.
At ScottishPower Retail, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
The position of Front-End Developer/Analyst is positioned within the Retail SAP Centre of Excellence, reporting to the Head of Front Office, Marketing and Innovation.
Supporting delivery of SAP and Digital change projects, enabling solutions and benefits to the Retail business, the Front-End Developer/Analyst will capture business requirements and support the development and testing process through to successful implementation of projects within Energy Retail, which also includes management of user acceptance testing and responsibility for governance processes.
The Front-End Developer/Analyst will also provide expertise regarding SAP business processes, SAP OData (REST) and Java technology whilst supporting day-to-day operations, ensuring the business solution performs effectively.
Evaluating new requirements in SAP terms including capture, documentation and analysis, the Front-End Developer/Analyst will ensure that all requirements are met by proposed solutions and that technologies are adopted in line with Iberdrola's technology blueprint.
Identifying issues through control reporting and analysis and produces change controls or incidents as necessary, the Front-End Developer/Analyst will inputs business/technological expertise to inform decisions on solution requirements, whilst undertaking end-to-end project management responsibilities across full project lifecycle for small projects including required project governance and control including maintenance of project governance systems. Supports management of suppliers.
Additional responsibilities will include:
* Managing test of new developments. This includes the development of test plans/scripts, performing tests, documenting test results and the management of defect resolution with suppliers
* Providing input to business cases
* Mentoring/Management of Business Analysts
* Ensuring stakeholders (Operations Managers & below) are adequately informed of project delivery. Also, stakeholder management of Front-Line Reports
* Identifies SAP or industry best practices
Skills and Requirements
* Able to provide end-to-end solution to complex requirements
* Knowledge of HTML and CSS
* Experience in building own OData services using NetWeaver Gateway and ABAP
* jQuery, JSON, XML, AJAX standards and MVC Development framework expertise in OData service consumption on UI using GET, PUT, POST methods
* Knowledge of SAP ABAP development mechanism including RFC and API
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
* Business/IT Qualification
* Business Analysis qualification/experience
* Project Management qualification/experience
* Knowledge/experience of SAP Utility Modules (eg CRM, ISU, IDEX)
* UX design
* Agile Development (Scrum)
* SAP Gateway oData
* Knowledge/experience of Utility industry
* Experience of systems project delivery
What we Offer
This is a permanent contract. Salary for this role will be from £34,506 per annum.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Behavioural Interview and Technical Questions
* Behaviours: Develop Self & Others, Empower to Grow, Collaborate & Share, Be a Role Model, Focus to Achieve Results, Be Agile
* Closing date: Tuesday 9th March 2021