Fleet Technician (21720)
Job ID: 21720
Location: Kendal, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
As a qualified and experienced HGV Mechanic you will work as an integral part of a structured team who are responsible for the efficient provision and maintenance of all fleet and plant assets for United Utilities at the most cost effective price.
This is an exciting challenge for you to take on the efficient, cost effective provision and maintenance of approximately 1,900 assets for the Company of which there are approximately 230
You will be working within a fast paced and challenging part of our business and we are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to our Fleet
- Commission and de-commission fleet items.
- Ensure that all documentation is filled in correctly and on time.
- Comply with Ministry of Transports legislation and Health and Safety regulations and deals with Health and Safety issues.
- Assist the Workshop Controller as required.
- Act as a buddy/teacher for apprentices.
- Participate in flexible working, standby and call-out arrangements.
Knowledge and Skills
- Time served apprenticeship, City & guilds level 3 in HGV maintenance and repair
- IRTEC inspection technician qualification
- Welding and fabrication skills
- Knowledge of Transport and Health & Safety Legislation
- Team Working, organisational skills
- Communication with customers and contractors
- Vehicle diagnostic computer literate
- Class 1 HGV driving licence would be advantageous
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10.12.2023