Fleet Project Manager – 24-month Fixed Term Contract / Secondment
Location: Flexible across Southern and Scotland (will require travelling to different SGN sites)
Salary: Personal Contract (dependent on experience)
The overall purpose of this job is the overall management of fleet projects, that could include introducing and trialling new technology; cost avoidance strategies; external cost saving opportunities and fleet efficiency savings. The job holder would be working in conjunction with the Fleet team, HR, Finance, Operations and key suppliers to plan, engage and communicate the identified initiative, plan and project manage through to successful implementation and measure the projects’ success and ongoing deliverables.
- Evaluate project requirements, costs, resource and likely business benefits; look at the risks and dependencies of the project and ensure adequate contingencies are in place.
- Project planning, implementation and management through to completion.
- Communication and engagement with all key stakeholders.
- Working with the operational stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve fleet services or reduce cost and/or increased efficiency.
- Analysis of fleet spend in key areas and look for opportunities to improve processes, make efficiencies and help identify savings opportunities.
- Help plan and support the environmental action plan for fleet, introducing ULEV and new technology to meet and exceed our fleet ambition on carbon reduction.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Project planning and management
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of vehicles and fleet, fleet costs and what influences and drives those costs
- Basic understanding of fleet legislation and Fleet obligations/ undertakings
- Good analytical skills, competent using excel and fleet data systems
- Have a good understanding of contracts, working with new or existing suppliers to initiate and plan the introduction of services, along with implementing the accompanying SLA’s and KPI’s to ensure the contractual services are measured and delivered to meet the company’s requirements
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…
*Please be aware that if you are an internal applicant applying for this position then you would be employed on a Secondment*