Fleet Operations Manager
Salary: £34.1k - £42.7k (dependent on experience)
The Fleet Operations Manager’s role is to work closely with the key stakeholders to support the business in keeping the fleet and drivers legally compliant, ensuring the vehicles are correctly maintained, and on the road with maximum utilisation through minimum cost.
- Compliance: all SGN vehicles services and MOT’d, and where appropriate meeting the operator’s licence requirements; all drivers legal and authorised to drive an SGN vehicle.
- Service maintenance and repair: working with a fleet supplier to maintain and repair SGN vehicles; ensuring repairs are appropriate, cost effective and that downtime is properly managed, whilst reviewing trends and implementing preventative maintenance where appropriate.
- Accident Repairs and Management: in conjunction with the accident management provider, ensure vehicles are authorised and repaired to SGN requirements; ensure all 3rd party data captured; looking at route causes and interventions.
- Daily rental: be the first point of contact for the daily rental fleet; look for more cost-effective alternatives and reducing the daily rental cost and requirement.
- Fleet size and specification: working with the stakeholders to ensure the correct number of vehicles in the right place and to the right specification are maintained to meet current and future operational requirements, including the introduction of ULEV.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible. We also offer:
- Competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
- Plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
The job holder should ideally hold a certificate of professional competence. Membership of Fleet Professional body such as ACFO, ICFM or CAFM preferred but not essential.
The technical skills and job knowledge/experience are essential in this job are:
- A good understanding of fleet current legislation
- In depth knowledge and commercial awareness of fleet and the fleet sector
- Five years fleet management of a large diverse multi-site
- Good understanding of vehicle engineering, maintenance and repair
- Planning and organisational skills
- Independent thinker and self-managed, ability to prioritise
- Demonstrable engagement with Senior level stakeholders and market leading suppliers
- Ability to analyse and manipulate data, to use in delivering best in class service and cost reduction opportunities
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…