M Group Services Plant and Fleet Solutions is looking to recruit a Fleet Engineer based from either our office in Castleford or Stevenage.
As a Fleet Engineer, you will be part of our Procurement Team and will have responsibility for the technical specification of the fleet of Vehicles across the Group. You will work with the wider Fleet team and the customer to ensure the correct vehicle specification is agreed prior to any tender event. The role will contribute towards a reduction in the Repair and Maintenance costs of the fleet by engineering out problems and will support other managers within the team.
This role supports our front-line operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit-for-purpose Vehicles, Plant and Equipment. We currently provide a comprehensive fleet of over 7,500 trucks, vans and cars, together with over 18,000 items of general plant and specialist utilities equipment from our regional supply depots.
As a Fleet Engineer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Engineering development for the vehicle fleet
- Develop further (in conjunction with other stakeholders) our existing suite of specifications to assist in fleet standardisation and the procurement process
- Remain abreast of all product development, innovation and future legislation
- In conjunction with our customers, suppliers and potential suppliers, organise product demonstrations to evaluate product suitability for Plant & Fleet Solutions fleet
- Be an active and integral member of the procurement “board”
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Relevant Vehicle specification & maintenance experience is essential
- Experience in supplier/relationship management, and dispute resolution
- Confident in giving presentations and workshops to colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Stable and consistent, always operating with integrity
- Ability to produce “As Is” and “To Be” processes and implement
- An understanding of all relevant statutory, regulatory and company policies and guidelines
- A recognised qualification in plant or vehicle maintenance would be advantageous
- A certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in National Road haulage operations
- A Member of the Institute of Road Transport Engineers would be desirable
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A valid driving license
- Good IT Skills, with experience of Microsoft Office
- Clear and analytical decision maker
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
About The Company
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions are responsible for the supply and management of specialist equipment and vehicles across the whole of M Group Services, supplying the Utilities, Transport, Data and Telecom sectors.
It is our job to ensure all group businesses have the safe, compliant and fit for purpose tools needed to deliver successful results for their clients and the clients’ customers, keeping sites safe, roads in good condition and transport links active.
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.