First Call Operative
Salary: £27.6k - £30.1k (dependent on experience)
Here at SGN we are all about people and building safe experiences for our customers through delivering their gas safely, reliably and efficiently. This role is all about exactly that – keeping our customers safe in their homes.
You will have your own SGN van and be responsible for responding to calls from our team about potential gas escapes. Day to day, you would be out and about, working independently, problem solving, speaking with our customers, and most importantly keeping people safe.
When attending a potential gas escape inside a building, you would ensure everyone is safe, find the source of the leak and take the required action to stop it. Our wider team is there to support if you need further assistance with preventing the gas leak or evacuating properties.
You don’t need to be an expert… We provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible.
We also offer:
- Competitive starting salary with a performance related 10% increase following your first 6-months. (Also, the possibility of working overtime to further increase your earnings).
- Company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
- Plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A flexible approach to work, and a willingness to take on new skills to further your career.
- A friendly and approachable attitude with excellent customer service skills, as you will be dealing with members of the public.
- The willingness to work variable hours and be flexible.
- A current ACS qualifications CCN1 or CESP1 and ideally also MET1 to 4.
- A full and valid driving licence (this is essential).
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed! SGN specific training will be provided.
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…