12 Months FTC
Salary: Up to £ 50 K
Base Location – Flexible - Minimum of 2-3 days a week at Ashbrook Court Office, Coventry
Here at Cadent we’re on an exciting journey of transformation and increased customer focus. We’re the UK’s largest gas distribution network, connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as Financial Accountant and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
Our Financial Reporting Team support the Board of Directors and Audit Committee by providing prompt, accurate and relevant financial information enabling effective decision making for companies within the Group. The team ensure all statutory and regulatory reporting is delivered within the required deadlines and that a robust control environment is maintained to ensure the reporting is accurate.
Key accountabilities include:
- Supporting quarterly, half yearly and annual reporting to stakeholders, regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Manage the external audit process, including the external audit of financial returns submitted to Ofgem and the banks, resolving queries and issues raised by auditors and regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the new consolidation module (BPC) and disclosure management to ensure the effective use of systems in our reporting processes.
- Assisting with consolidated reporting on a monthly basis, including management of the close cycle, operation of consolidation systems and related adjustments, ensuring our reporting system functionality is maximised including its use within management and regulatory reporting.
- Assisting with the roll out of any new accounting standards. Interpreting and disseminating Group Accounting and external body guidance, establishing training and supporting processes for the rest of finance. Maintaining Accounting Policies and Manuals and providing expert accounting advice to all parts of the Business.
- Supporting the financial reporting team with key accounting areas including; tracking level of distributable reserves accounting for benefit pension plan, supporting treasury refinancing requirements, assisting with covenant compliance with loan documents and pension trustees and supporting the dividend payment process.
- Proactively building own knowledge of Financial Reporting, Treasury and Regulatory Reporting and its impact on the industry and business in order to support key decisions and advise and guide own business area.
- Proactively contribute to the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer focused Finance team.
- Supporting the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
- Assisting the high-quality documenting of end-to-end processes and controls to meet controls teams and Regulatory compliance requirements. Ensuring governance and internal financial control over processes are robust.
You’ll possess the following skills, experience, knowledge and attributes:
- Be a fully qualified Accountant or equivalent (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- A degree or equivalent
- Detailed technical knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP with experience of applying principles in complex situations.
- Experience of working in a regulated industry preferable.
- Experience of Governance, risk and internal control frameworks.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the business.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical matters to stakeholders across the business.
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Join us and help shape the future of gas for generations to come.