Please note this is a minimum 12-month Fixed Term Contract (FTC)
Thames Water’s ambitious and high-profile Workforce Management (WFM) Programme is a major IT development that is delivering a Customer, Work and Contract Management solutions across all of Thames Water Operations. The project is planned to run over the next 2 years, with core Finance & Commercial delivery expected over the next 12 -18 months. This role is within the Operations Finance organisation and reports to the Finance Project Manager.About the role:
You will support the WFM programme lifecycle for development of the Finance & Commercial solution. Additionally, you will be involved with the incorporation of our Water Networks Transformation Project as the business aims for a standardised output.
This is a unique opportunity to take part in a “once in a generation” design and implementation of core Operations’ systems that will give you valuable insight into how the business operates end to end. You will gain an overview into the engine that will run Operations from Customer contact to the Field, into how we manage our assets, how we manage out commercial contracts and you will contribute to the design of how we capture and understand out costs to drive efficiencies in our processes.
Functional responsibilities on the Programme cover all Finance aspects and development of Contractor Costing and Payment system and integration into the current SAP FICO landscape. ou will support the agile delivery of Finance & Commercial functionality:Key Accountabilities: Development lifecycle
- Arrange, manage, and support workshops and playback sessions with stakeholders across the business to understand business needs
- Interact with developers to refine specification, review new screens and functionality
- Collate/create configuration and master data as required to run the functionality
- Input to test plans and develop end to end test scenarios and support business testers
- Work with development team and business to resolves functional defects
- Continue the relationship with users through Post Go-Live support
- Document workshop outcomes including documentation of processes
- Capture requirements in the form of “User Stories” and business assurance
- Support development of training material
- Work with Commercial teams to understand how contractors cost ledgers are set up to allow hourly rates and efficiency reports to be set up
- Liaise with Thames Water and 3rd Party Commercial teams to create and calibrate absorption costing rates for resources
- Design and test reports that allow actual costs to be compared with Benchmark Rates and Contractor P&Ls to identify opportunities for efficiencies
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Provide training and implementation support both post and prego live for all relevant F&C staff
- Support associated projects as needed
What’s in it for you:Please note this is a minimum 12-month Fixed Term Contract (FTC)
- Experience working in Finance or Commercial IT projects will be useful, but not essential. Systems knowledge of SAP and or Salesforce will also be an advantage
- A background as a qualified or part qualified accountant or project professional with finance systems experience will support your application
- Analytical, logical, able to challenge, a quick learner
- Numerate, with good spreadsheet skills
- Curiosity to understand how things work and drive to improve processes
- Able to manage time, plan and organise and work in a project environment to challenging timelines
- Confident interacting with a wide range of stakeholders
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.