Finance Manager - Bids & Development
- Job Reference: 00011426-1
- Date Posted: 19 May 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent
Finance Manager - Bids & Development
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for an Finance Manager - Bids & Development to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25 days’ holiday per annum
- The option to purchase up to five days of additional leave
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is a superb opportunity for a qualified power generation industry professional with strong maintenance skills to take on a new challenge with our environmentally focused company.
Now is a great time to join us as the demand for our services has never been higher and the positive impact of our work is being recognised and appreciated. As such, our operations are growing and we’re looking for talented people who can help us on our mission to turn waste into resource.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager (“GFM”) the role is to provide a resource to the Finance Department for providing financial support to commercial tenders, contract extensions, and development projects.
The role of the post holder is primarily the financial modelling and evaluation of bids / projects and the managing of the model for bids / projects, along with the financial interpretation of any associated documents and identifying related financial risk.
Strong and clear team working and communication skills are required to manage the models and ensure that there is clarity on inputs and assumptions used and financial impacts / risks are understood and raised.
Within the areas covered requirements may include detailed and complex waste flows, resourcing requirements and allocation, new and existing facilities, financing of capex, costings, profitability and returns with associated sensitivity analysis.
The role is a fundamental of the wider bid / project teams, liaising closely with such as Collections and Treatment bid teams, Operational Development teams, Regional Development Managers, Operations Area Managers and other functional support teams (e.g. Fleet, Engineering, Estates, Legal etc.) as required for modelling.
Duties and key responsibilities – Group Development
The post holder will:
• Be full time.
• Report to the GFM and be based in the Northampton Office or other location as may be agreed.
• Liaise closely with the Collections and Treatment bid teams, operational Development teams Area Managers and their teams.
• Liaise closely with other Departments (Fleet, SHEQ, Engineering, Estates, Legal, Human Resources, etc.) as required for modelling.
• Produce detailed financial models for individual bids / projects and present to GFM.
• Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the financial models, pricing schedules and their delivery to project deadlines.
• Take responsibility for the continuous improvement of the financial models.
- Bids / Contract Extensions / Developments
- Form part of wider bid team / liaise with operational Development teams as appropriate
- Review of documents
- Implement document requirements into financial model
- Ensure required outputs / pricing schedule produced from financial model
- Evaluate financial risks / exposures for company
- Raise clarifications as required
- Manage and co-ordinate inputs for model
- Manage to project review / UK approval deadlines / timetable for submission of tenders
- Represent FCC UK as required at tender dialogue / project meetings and liaise appropriately with Local Authorities and other third parties
- Review model with GFM
- Prepare financial inputs for FCC Approval papers for review with GFM
- Present financial section of Approval paper as required
- Support with SQ process as required
- For successful tenders ensure financial model and relevant financial detail / pricing requirements are handed over to Operations / Operational Finance
- To be produced using FAST format / methodology (training to be provided where necessary)
- Flexible and robust with sensitivities as required
- Produce, profit & loss, cash flow and balance sheet
- Calculate relevant financial returns (incl project returns)
- Ensure models produced meet requirements of all stakeholders, including
? FCC UK
? FCC Group
? Local authorities
? JV / Investment partners
- Mass waste-flows / Service designs included as applicable
- Detailed assumptions
- Consistent application of
? Accounting treatment
? Tax calculations
? Relevant financial returns and outputs
? Development finance team assumptions
- Ensure integrity of calculations and functionality of models.
- Maintain record of supporting files and inputs as necessary
- Continual maintenance of standard models.
- Other ad-hoc work as required.
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 3+ years PQE
- Excellent modelling, analytical, and IT skills
- Wide knowledge of financial evaluation methods
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of local authority commercial tenders
- Experience of waste industry preferable
- Experience of working in project teams
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Commercially aware with strong profit orientation.
- Excellent communicator and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
- Strong work ethic and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Presence and interpersonal skills to represent the company in contacts with key customers and other interested parties; good negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a capacity of adding value to the decision making process.
- Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative.
Other organisations may call this role Instrument Technician, Electrical Maintenance Technician, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technician, or Electrical Technician.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Finance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.