About the role:
This is a challenging finance business partner role within the Waste Network Finance Team. Reporting to the Waste Network Finance Manager, this business-facing role will provide a critical service to key operational areas within Waste Networks. Key is helping this area of the business drive optimal performance whilst delivering best value for money. A good understanding of the relationship between operational and financial activities is essential.
The role requires a highly motivated individual who can develop an enhanced service, focus on providing proactive, engaging financial insight and analysis, challenging all aspects of performance, efficiency and control.
Working within a dynamic team environment, supporting key operational managers, this position will involve managing and presenting financial performance and ensuring that Operations have the forward-looking insight to make informed decisions.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Building/maintaining strong partnerships with their Waste Network Operational teams.
- Providing insightful analysis that links business performance with financial results and ensures effective operational decisions are made.
- Leading and assisting the Finance Manager/Operation Lead in setting a business plan that achieves all operational and financial objectives. Preparing budgets and forecasts for operational expenditure, measuring and understanding performance against these metrics.
- Agreeing, tracking and driving business improvement initiatives.
- Participate in key operational performance meetings, ensuring timely financial results are clearly communicated and understood whilst maintaining a forward-looking focus.
- Managing relevant balance sheet accounts, ensuring good practice when reconciling on a monthly basis.
- Working with the wider business (e.g. commercial) to understand current/future impacts to the business.
- Work with other finance business partners and external parties to identify and share good practice.
- Input as necessary to all regulatory returns.
- Other duties as reasonably required
This person is likely to be a qualified accountant with strong business partnering and management accounting experience; not afraid to challenge and influence key decision-makers. They should have a strong analytical, presentation and IS skills, including SAP, Excel and Power BI. Travel within the TW region will be required as this is a business-facing role.What’s in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with a length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to view our full list of Rewards and BenefitsAbout us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water