Morrison Utility Services is looking to recruit a Field Technical Specialist for our E.ON Smart Metering contract.
As the Technical Specialist you’ll be a key member of the Field Engineering team and will provide day to day technical support for all meter technicians within your defined area of the field, reporting into a Field Supervisor within the London team.
You will provide ongoing support and assist with technical queries for field based staff, and will carry out Work in Progress audits (WIP’s) to ensure they are adhering to company procedures and Operating safely.
The EON Smart Metering Contract encompasses electricity and gas, traditional and smart metering installation and maintenance services across London, the South of England and Scotland. The core delivery contract began in May 2016 and supports EON’s target to exchange meters for its five million customers with smart meters in line with government targets.
As a Field Technical Specialist your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Provision of support to ensure that field technicians conform to statutory requirements and company policy / procedures; ISO27001, MOCOPA, MAMCOP OAMI and Gas Safe accreditation's.
- Assist with Monitoring field performance, identifying any areas of underperformance and take appropriate and timely action to rectify them.
- Supporting the Supervisor in ensuring that the field technicians are effectively trained in line with contract objectives / targets and that key personnel are retained and developed.
- Provide technical advice and support as required to Field Technicians in the London area.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous experience within the utilities sector, with a strong knowledge of Smart Metering.
- Proven people management and motivational skills.
- Relevant qualifications within Smart Metering.
- Articulate, with proven negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of health & safety.
- Strategic awareness.
- Strong customer focus.
- Proven proactive attitude.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 day’s annual leave plus 8 bank holiday’s
- Annual performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Quarterly Retention Bonus
- Company van and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.’