About the role:
We currently have an opportunity for a Field Operations Specialist to work in the southern Thames Valley region.
As the successful candidate your role will be to carry out field investigations into complex operational problems, identifying solutions to improve operational efficiency and customer satisfaction, within a defined geographical area.
The FOS role is key to the Thames Valley, without this role customer journeys and sewer health would take a significant impact. This role is responsible for authorising works on the sewer and secures the funding for any rectification works required.Key Accountabilities
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Coordinate complex planned and reactive technical activities to ensure maximum effectiveness and minimal customer impact.
- Provide technical support to determine solutions to problems and ensure a robust, stable and efficient network.
- Provide information on required maintenance and improvement to the network strategy function and assist with contingency planning.
- Support planned investigations to assist “owner” in risk assessment process.
What’s in it for you:
- Typically educated to A level or equivalent, or equivalent experience
- Waste network experience preferable
- Sound working knowledge of Health & Safety regulations, Business Operating Plan, quality systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and office software
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.