Salary: £27.1k - £30.1k (potential to earn £35,668 once you have the necessary skill, qualifications and experience)
Here at SGN we are all about people and building safe experiences for our customers through delivering their gas safely, reliably and efficiently. This role is all about that – keeping our customers safe in their homes, situated in the idyllic seaside town of Oban on the West coast of Scotland.
The successful applicant will be involved in a variety of SGN core work, including FCO, meter work and connections. Additionally, as part of the Scottish Independent Undertakings team, you’ll be given further training to carry out servicing, repairs and installation of gas appliances as part of our service care program.
This is an excellent opportunity ideally suited to someone from a plumbing background (either with or without ACS accreditation) to be involved in a multi-skilled environment. Initially the successful applicant will be involved in boiler servicing, emergency duties and meter work. Other skills will be developed over time to include mains and service laying and plant duties. Full Training will be given to the successful candidate.
You don’t need to be an expert…. We provide training and the development tools to allow you to acquire the correct skills needed to excel in this environment.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible. We also offer:
- Competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
- Plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We pride ourselves on hiring people who are reliable, practical and hardworking. This is an excellent opportunity suited for someone who’s already qualified as an FCO or Team Leader, ideally cross flexed although additional training would be provided if you’re not.
- Ideally you will be a time served plumber or a third-year apprentice preferably holding a City and Guilds and or ACS accreditation.
- Trade with a mechanical or electrical background.
- You will be reliable, practical and hardworking
- Have good leadership qualities together with excellent inter-personal skills
- You must hold a full driving licence
- The work is physically and mentally demanding and you will be expected to work in a variety of outdoor environments
- Have the ability to use field IT equipment and achieve high standards of safety and technical competence.
The nature of the job means that you will be expected to work variable hours and will be required to participate as necessary in a high frequency standby rota.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…