Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit External Meter Fitters to work on our Thames Water contract in Colnbrook. This role is a 6 month fixed-term contract.
As an External Meter Fitter, you will be part of our Surveying and Screw In Team who are responsible for installing and exchanging external water meters throughout London.
You will be part of our team, working around London installing external water meters. No previous experience is necessary for this role; as full training will be provided with opportunities for progression available within the business.
As an External Meter Fitter your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Install and exchange external screw in water meters
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Use the data capture system to close jobs from the field
- Meet daily targets
- Liaise with Supervisors and other members of the team
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to work outdoors in all weathers and able to lift heavy loads using appropriate equipment
- Full driver’s license (held for at least 12 months)
- Excellent customer service skills
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.