Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a Electrical or Civil Estimator to join our Electrical Transmission division, who will support nationwide projects.
As an Estimator you will be part of our Electrical Transmission team and will be responsible for ensuring that all estimating functions are undertaken in accordance with the Morrison Utility Services Limited policies, procedures and requirements for any tenders.
Our clients are electrical transmission companies with diversified operations in Infrastructure Project Development, EPC Projects and refurbishment of existing infrastructure. You will be expected to interface with multiple disciplines - civil, mechanical and electrical engineering, cabling engineering, instrumentation systems and construction management.
As an Estimator your duties & responsibilities will be:
- To provide estimating support with bids and contracts to ensure robust pricing, risk management and governance.
- To assist and advise the Senior Management Team on commercial influences and risks around any bids.
- Liaise with Suppliers and Subcontractors to produce accurate and timely estimates / cost data.
- To ensure where possible Supplier / Subcontractor terms are back to back with the Client requirements and if not to impact assess any deviations.
- Responsible for prioritising workload and supporting the team to produce results in a timely manner to meet business needs
- Day to day liaison with, and influencing of, key stakeholders, such as customers and operational colleagues.
- To develop and implement changes to process, following understanding of a need to make changes to improve performance.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- A background in electrical or civil estimating.
- Extensive experience of delivering capital projects.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and work with staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of how electrical transmission infrastructure are constructed, operated, maintained and decommissioned.
- Experienced in building up rates from first principles.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint).
- The ability and desire to identify opportunities for improvement, and influence change.
- To be able to react to constant changing workloads.
- Excellent people management skills.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/ car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.