About The Role
An opportunity has become available for an Estimator to join the contract team based in Yorkshire Water AMP7. The role will include; infrastructure, customer focused, minor civils clean, waste water capital works and individual project contracts (NEC4 ECC option A) ranging from £100k to £5M.
As an Estimator, your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Develop and maintain contract estimating templates.
- Understand client scope of work and prepare estimates in line with requirements.
- Preparing cost analysis.
- Identify opportunities and risk during the tender process.
- Complete detailed material take offs for purchase orders.
- Present basis of estimate and key assumptions.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Previous experience working in an estimating function.
- Civil engineering/Utilities experience essential.
- Strong NEC3/4 experience is desired.
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel, programming and other estimating software.
- Excellent communication and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday.
- Annual bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Private health care.
- Company car and fuel card.
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.