About the role:
We are looking for an ER Consultant
to support managers by providing a professional advisory service to manage and resolve employee relations cases consistently and effectively, with a focus on gaining the best outcomes for both the business and our employees.
This role requires someone that is customer-focused and highly organised, who has a detailed knowledge of employee relations and significant experience of employee relations case management is a must.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Providing professional advice to managers for all employee relations queries, including absence, disciplinary, workplace resolution, capability, redundancy appeals, settlements and ACAS/employment tribunal claims. This may include reviewing investigation reports and complex letters or communications.
- Identifying, assessing, managing, resolving and escalating risks as appropriate.
- Ensuring that ER cases are managed and resolved consistently, efficiently and effectively and in line with team KPIs, with the completion of peer reviews for complex/high-risk cases.
- Working within a case management system, using dashboards and reporting tools to continuously improve efficient case management.
- Maintaining case management records to ensure they are clear, concise and in line with GDPR.
- Case managing and making recommendations to the business in relation to early conciliation and employment tribunal claims, representing the company as required.
- Working with other team members to share best practice and ensure cases are managed effectively with integrity and in compliance with policy and statutory requirements.
- Providing professional advice to managers in accordance with policy and employment legislation in order to drive improvement in employee effectiveness and performance.
- Developing the skills and professional knowledge of managers via individual live case coaching, supporting and challenging where required.
- Keeping your Employment Law knowledge up to date via internal and external sources, in order to identify best practice/case law relevant to Thames Water.
- Working in collaboration as part of the HR Services team to deliver the function’s objectives and provide recommendations for HR policy and process improvements.
- Leading and participating in project / continuous improvement work as required.
- Maintaining positive relationships with the wider business functions including HRBPs, Occupational Health, Health & Safety, Business Integrity, Data Protection, Trade Union Partnership etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Experience in employee relations case management is essential
- Accomplished HR/ER and employment law knowledge and advisory skills with a good level of experience in coaching managers on difficult and complex employee relations matters
- An up to date, in-depth knowledge of employment law, tribunal process and ACAS with HR best practice, relating to absence, disciplinary, workplace resolution (grievance), conduct, capability and settlements
- Highly organised and responsive, with the ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Confident and tenacious, taking ownership of issues to resolution in a timely manner
- Experience in managing challenging stakeholders
- Resilient and able to be flexible to change in demands, whilst remaining approachable
- Trustworthy, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, able to adapt and build rapport/provide advice to all levels
- An active listener who is naturally inquisitive and able to coach people to reach a solution
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the business, leading and/or providing SME service on ad hoc projects
- CIPD qualification desirable
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.